I had my 12k at Angel Island. I was not prepared. It was hard to train for it with a busy husband, but I did what I could. My goal was to finish the race and that I accomplished! It was an all trail run. Your run basically starts going up hill and keeps going up, up, and up. Eventually when you reach the top, it evens out (not for too long) and you get beautiful views of Tiburon, GG Bridge, SF, and eventually the East Bay. But, then you start to go up, up and up more hills. It felt good when I started to hit the down hills because I knew I was getting closer to the finish.

Ryan and Kaitlyn on the ferry on the way to Angel Island. On the ferry I was talking to this lady, who was holding a baby. I asked her how old her baby was and she said 4 months. Her friend that was with her said she was crazy for running after having a baby 4 months ago. Then, she saw Sarah and thought we were both crazy! I swear I saw another mom run who had a 2 month or younger. OR the baby could have been older and i'm just used to seeing my chubby baby.

I'm in there somewhere waiting for the race to start

Off I go...

I wore a pack to hold my water and shot bloks, but it wasn't fitting right so I threw it back to Ryan. I had to run with a water bottle minus my energy supplements- how annoying.

Ryan and Kaitlyn climbed up a hill near the finish line so they could cheer for me as I ran by. Apparently Kaitlyn was yelling, "Mommy, where are you? What's taking you so long?" She was making the other runners laugh as they ran by.


Kaitlyn was running with me to the finish. As I got closer to the finish line, the crowd started to cheer for Kaitlyn and the announcer was yelling, "give it up for our youngest runner!!!" and of course, Kaitlyn got shy and started to pull the back of my shirt, then out of all shyness she started to bite my bum. Yes, she bit my bum and. it. hurt.

On the ferry ride back to Tiburon. It was a beautiful day!

Sarah enjoyed her nap on the ferry ride, all snuggled in her car seat.
3 comments:
Sarah is so precious! i love that picture! and good for you to do that run! i need to get out there and do something like that :) we would love to see you in Sept. Marie loves playing with little Kaitlyn! love you!
I think you are nuts - but a good kind of nuts. I probably should be that kind of nuts. :)
Way to go!
I didn't realize this had already happened. Way to go, girl. You're amazing.
Post a Comment