(Ultrasound around 7.5 weeks)
Choosing a Dr. here in Boise wasn't a hard choice for us. When we moved back to Boise after dental school, I found out that our bishop was an OB. His wife and I would go on daily morning walks. One morning I asked her if some of the ladies in the ward go to him and if she knew if it was awkward for them. She told me there were some ladies that went to him and they never said it was awkward. I found that surprising because I thought it would be. Nine months after living in that ward, we moved into another ward. Once I found out I was pregnant I knew I wouldn't have a problem going to him since I wouldn't be seeing him every Sunday and plus if I did see him every Sunday I am sure it wouldn't matter to him anyway. In October he got called to the Stake presidency. He is one busy guy. I am not sure how does it all. I am just glad we found a wonderful doctor who we can trust and will take good care of us.
I had my first ultrasound around 5 weeks or so. I was having a little spotting. The Dr. wanted me to come in just for pre-cautionary measures. He did an ultrasound and it was so amazing to see. All we saw was a little white dot with a little tiny heart beat.
In the beginning of the pregnancy, I was feeling really sick. I was feeling nauseated. All. Day. Long. Hence, my lack of blogging. I was put on zofran and I am not sure how that worked for me. I guess it helped a little bit...
Prenatel vitamins would make me gag and make the nausea worse, so I tried to take them at night before bedtime. Not sure if it helped or not. In the mornings I couldn't and still can't eat cereal (those Frosted Mini Wheat's about did me in), have fruit or anything a long that line. Even though I really craved those things so much. I have to keep it to carbs, such as toast, bagels with scrambled eggs. By mid-afternoon I am able to fulfill my fruit cravings and by bedtime I can eat a bowl of cereal.
Feeling so sick, it was hard for me to go anywhere. For a while I felt bad for Sarah. I would try my best to take her to the park to meet friends for playgroup. It also helped that Kaitlyn has school all day because that gave me a chance to nap when Sarah went down for her naps. I still sometimes get a 2 hour nap in while Sarah sleeps. (Sarah still takes 2 1/2-3 hour naps). Not sure how much longer that will last...
Also, how I can forget the excessive saliva? Anyone else have this issue when they were pregnant? It was really gross. I felt like I had to spit every two minutes. Literally. It was such a pain. It made me gag. I was drinking water constantly, which I craved. Thank goodness because I didn't feel like anything else to drink...
About 16-17 weeks I started to feel a little better. I could wake up and not need to eat right away.
Oh the joy's of first trimester pregnancy!
Prenatel vitamins would make me gag and make the nausea worse, so I tried to take them at night before bedtime. Not sure if it helped or not. In the mornings I couldn't and still can't eat cereal (those Frosted Mini Wheat's about did me in), have fruit or anything a long that line. Even though I really craved those things so much. I have to keep it to carbs, such as toast, bagels with scrambled eggs. By mid-afternoon I am able to fulfill my fruit cravings and by bedtime I can eat a bowl of cereal.
Feeling so sick, it was hard for me to go anywhere. For a while I felt bad for Sarah. I would try my best to take her to the park to meet friends for playgroup. It also helped that Kaitlyn has school all day because that gave me a chance to nap when Sarah went down for her naps. I still sometimes get a 2 hour nap in while Sarah sleeps. (Sarah still takes 2 1/2-3 hour naps). Not sure how much longer that will last...
Also, how I can forget the excessive saliva? Anyone else have this issue when they were pregnant? It was really gross. I felt like I had to spit every two minutes. Literally. It was such a pain. It made me gag. I was drinking water constantly, which I craved. Thank goodness because I didn't feel like anything else to drink...
About 16-17 weeks I started to feel a little better. I could wake up and not need to eat right away.
Oh the joy's of first trimester pregnancy!

1 comment:
The third pregnancy was hard for me too. I felt bad for the other kiddos. But at least its not that long. I am so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment