Thursday, December 20, 2012

Friday in the Bay

Friday morning Kaitlyn and I went out to breakfast. That's where I was the child and was the who spilled my drink all over the table. Kaitlyn thought it was the funniest thing ever. 
After breakfast we headed over the Golden Gate bridge to go to the Exploratorium. It wasn't very cold, but it was drizzly. After we went through the toll, I forgot that they had been doing construction when we had moved a year before. The construction was now and finished and I wasn't used to driving on the new roads. It wasn't bad, but I get nervous driving in any part of San Francisco. 




After the Exploratorium, we went back to the hotel to rest for a bit while we waited for Big Caitlin to get out of school. Kaitlyn was super excited to have a sleep over with big Caitlin. Kaitlyn was asking every 5 minutes if she was home yet. So my planned nap went unplanned. We left about 15 minutes before she was supposed to be out of school, but hit a lot of traffic heading North. It made me not miss living in California :).
 It was wonderful seeing this family! They have always been so good to us and so grateful for our friendship. Kaitlyn calls big Caitlin her best friend even though they live in different states and about 5 years apart in age. Caitlin has always been so sweet to our Kaitlyn. 
After I dropped her off and visited for a while, I had some time before Ryan was going to meet me back at the hotel so we could go out to dinner. I headed to the mall and walked around, by myself, and enjoyed some quiet, me-time.

Ryan and I meet back at the hotel around 6:30/7:00 and I was starving! We headed over to Tiburon for dinner. We went to a place called Guayma's. They had changed the menu since we had last been, but it was still so good.  Ryan enjoyed a large bowl of some sort of seafood soup with clams, shrimp, mussels, etc... I didn't have any, but he said it was really good. I got steak fajita's. About the time we got our food, a party of about 15 came in and sat right by us. They were celebrating someone's birthday. There were about 2-3 guys who must of had a few drinks before they came. They were so drunk. They were loud, obnoxious and yelling not-so-nice words. Let's just say if Kaitlyn was with us, I would be one very upset parent. Overall, it was fun to be back in Tiburon and enjoying the beautiful views of the city.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Ah, Tiburon. I miss Marin!