Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Charity

I saw these quotes and I just love them!

“Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don’t judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting someone’s differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn’t handle something the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another’s weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other”

-Marvin J. Ashton

"...no matter how you may desire the things of the world to make yourselves happy, your happiness will be in proportion to your charity and to your kindness and to your love of those with whom you associate here on earth." - George Albert Smith

I hope to live my life with more charity...

2 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

those quotes are so inspiring. it is so, so hard to have charity. something i am always working on, but not very good at!

HR said...

Did you read that on the side bar of last month's Ensign? I LOVE THAT QUOTE! I feel like it has those baby steps that I can work on!! BTW - YOU LOOK GREAT - love the leap year post!