Friday, September 9, 2011

Picture Day

Every morning it seems like a battle with getting Kaitlyn ready for school. She has a hard time sitting and finishing her breakfast. She struggles with wanting to get dressed and getting her hair done. So mornings in the Clark household can get kind of stressful. Since today was picture day at school, I was worried that Kaitlyn and I would have a battle on what she was going to wear. I think I thought that because I battled with my mom every time when I had picture day at school. Without fail. This morning Kaitlyn showed me the shirt she wanted to wear - it was bright pink with sequence all over the front which makes it sparkle. A lot. I told her that probably wasn't the best choice and that she could wear it on Monday if she wanted to. So I gave her two other options and she chose her purple shirt. Easy peasy. Next step was getting her done. Yesterday she wore her hair in french braids, so this morning we took those out (gently as possible) and put a little gel in her hair to hold the crimp/curls. Piece of cake. We were able to leave the house EARLIER then normal and Kaitlyn actually was able to have a leisurely bike ride to school rather than a speed work out. As we were getting ready to walk to school this morning I saw the sun peak around Castle Rock and it looked so pretty. I don't think the picture does the justice. Sarah (15 1/5 months) Kaitlyn (5 1/2)




2 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

beautiful girls!!! i love kaitlyn's shirt!

Christine said...

That is a great choice of shirt for picture day. Yeah, Brendan's picture day prep was easy. I am a little more worried about Eva someday. :)