I have been running, if I am lucky, about once a week pushing Sarah in the stroller, or I go running for an hour with two other ladies from our ward at 6:30am. On Saturday's I have made sure to get out and go for a run. I usually do my same ol' loop on the green belt which takes about 5o or so minutes. Today I wanted to go out for a longer run. So I did just that. I made sure that I had my water belt with the bottles filled with electrolytes and some electrolyte chewables (which were actually really good!). What a difference that made. I felt tired the first 20 or so minutes and after that my energy held up pretty well. I got to mile 8 and I was still feeling pretty good, then mile 9 came and my knees were killing me. They felt achy, but I kept on running. I would stop to stretch periodically, which I am not sure was a good idea or bad idea. After I would stop I could feel how achy my body was getting, but then when I started to run again it would stop (but my knees). I got to mile 10 and I thought I might as well run up to 13.1 miles. I surprised myself and ran a little bit more then 13.1 miles. I did it! I ran my very own half marathon. It has been over 2 and half years since I have done that. When I was training for my 1st half marathon race I had only trained up to 9 miles. I feel if my knees weren't hurting as much as they were I could have ran longer.
Boise's Zeitgeist half marathon is in November. I hear from people that it is the 2nd hardest race here in Boise. (The first one is Robie Creek and people are trying to convince me to sign up for that) Lots and lots of hills. I am supposed to be doing it with some girls, but I am not sure if I can conquer that brutal race. I have been only running on flat surface.
Decisions...decisions...
3 comments:
You crazy lady! :) But I think its great that you have such dedication.
that is so awesome! you should totally do the half marathon!!! you will rock it :)
You are wonder-woman!
Post a Comment