Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Roseola
Last Wednesday I jogged with Sarah and Kaitlyn rode her bike to a near by park. It was a hot day and so I made sure I had cold water and some ice packs. We arrived at the park and Kaitlyn instantly found some little girls to play with. Sarah and I parked it under one of the many trees and she crawled around on the grass while I chatted with the nicest lady visiting from Mesa, AZ. Too bad she wasn't from Boise. We had so much in common. Anyway, an hour or two went by and Kaitlyn was still playing and Sarah was starting to get fussy and a little lethargic. She felt warm and I was thinking she was just warm from being outside. I knew we should have probably gone home at that point, but Kaitlyn was having too much fun - it's been a while where she has played with some little girls. So, I let Sarah fall asleep in the stroller. We finally got home and Sarah was as grumpy as can be. She didn't want to eat and she would just cry if I put her down. She was still felt very warm. The next morning she still didn't have much of an appetite and still fussy. That night we took her temperature and it was at 104. She didn't have any other symptoms which was odd. She just wanted to sleep most of the time. She was so tired. Friday it seemed her fever wasn't as high, but still wasn't acting her happy self. In the morning she woke up with a rash all over back and stomach. As the day went on it spread to her arms, neck and face. I had do idea what was going on. Then I had a thought: I should google fever and rash. Then my answer came. Sarah had come down with Roseola, which is like "baby measels".
I spent a couple of days just holding/rocking Sarah, not getting much done around the house. She was either sleeping or crying. She just wanted to snuggle on my chest. Sarah rarely falls asleep when I am holding her so it was a nice treat to have her sleep on my for a while until I put her in her crib.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That sounds awful. Sick babies are the worst!
so glad she's feeling better. do you remember the girl's name from mesa, az?
Roseola is kind of a cool virus though, it comes and just goes. Isaak got it when he was like 11 months old. It was crazy, SO HOT, but he wasn't fussy, just super tired. Then had that crazy rash. So strange! Glad she's feeling better!
Post a Comment