Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sarah Turns One!




Sarah,

Today is your FIRST birthday! How can that be? It feels like I brought you home from the hospital yesterday. You've been such a blessing to our family. We love you oh so much!

-You've been getting more teeth! You enjoy ruining the crib by gnawing on it. Also with your teething means runny noses, fevers, sleepless nights and missing out on naps. It's been a bumpy few weeks.
-You LOVE to snuggle!!! We LOVE it!
-When we wake up in the morning and naps 98% of the time, you wake up happy and you'll just "talk" yourself in the crib. It allows me to go back to sleep for a few more minutes.
-You're a daddy's girl. Maybe not as much Kaitlyn was, but you sure do get SO excited when you see him. You even clinch your fists and start to shake.

-You have an obession with daddy's hair.

You squeal so loud while pulling his hair as hard as you can.Then you enjoy laying your head on top of his.


-You love your pink blankie. You will literally pull it out of the dirty clothes and lay on it. Lately I have found you in the bedroom trying your hardest to pull it out of the crib.

-You get into everything! We have to make sure all doors are closed and that's harder then you think.

-You love to be outside and enjoy going for walks.

-You will randomly start laughing at yourself and I love hearing your little giggles.

-You are having a hard time eating. I'm sure its a phase. Not sure if you're sick of baby food (I'm sure you are) but you will not seat in your high chair. I'm afriad to give you what we're eating because you don't have enough teeth to chew and i'm afraid you'll choke.

-You still LOVE music and love to dance! It's so fun to watch.

-You play peek-a-boo, wave, and point.

-I love watching you throw your little tantrums. It's cute (for now). When start to cry, you put your head down then lay flat on your belly, then it turns into a roll.

-You're a happy screamer! You just enjoy letting out little short screams for the kicks of it. We sometimes mock you (which I feel will be turning into a bad habit) and we do the pitch of your scream goes higher and higher. I think you find it to be a game.

-You have eczema! Noooo! You have it on your knee caps and wrists. I'd like to think that it's from all the crawling you do throughout the day. I wonder if it's something you're eating? I'm not sure. I hope it doesn't spread anywhere else.

-You are not even close to walking yet. We try to get you to stand, but you have no balance whatsoever.

-You have always loved the bath but I think it has become your new favorite obession.

You LOVE it!!!
Oh, our sweet Sarah... You're so happy and high on life.

We love you!

2 comments:

Christine said...

She's adorable!

Ryan said...

I love Sarah's curly hair!