... Last night while you were trying to go to bed, you were crying. For a while I thought you were just upset because you didn't want to go to sleep. I went in the room to check on Sarah since she wasn't going to sleep either. When I walked in I saw you sitting on your bed looking over at your digital picture frame which has pictures of you and your family. It hasn't been updated for a while so the pictures are from when you were little. I asked you what was wrong, you tearfully said, "Things are different now. You don't play with me like you used to. Your always picking up. (cleaning) and daddy is at school and studying all the time."
I grabbed you and just held you close for a few minutes. This broke my heart. I tried to be strong and hold back the tears. I tried to explain to you that we do play still, we just play different now. Instead of playing with the toys we used to play with when you were younger, we do other things now. We bake, do science experiments, go swimming (when it's warm), paint, practice writing our letters, go to museums, lots of parks, etc...
We love you SO much. Mommy is so very sorry you feel this way. I'm going to try better and not worry so much about doing my household duties. (I think I can get a little obsessive complusive about it) Mommy does want to be with you and play with you.
Daddy definitely wishes so much he could be home with you. He misses you so much. He is almost done with school, only 6 more months. You have been such a trooper with daddy being away so much and studying a ton lately so he can prepare for boards. He tries his best to juggle school and being daddy. He loves you more then you'll ever know.
I promise I'll do better.
3 comments:
Awwww. I got teary-eyed reading this. Third year was hard for us too.
It is hard to give all the kids the attention they need and still get the day-to-day stuff done. I find that deciding what to do with my time is harder than I thought.
Kaitlyn sounds like she has such a beautiful spirit. How amazing that she is able to articulate how she feels and let you know what she needs.
this BREAKS my heart!!!! :(
Post a Comment