This is just an example of a story that she tells:
"During the second session, Pat checked the mail. There waiting for us were 2 packages- both from people we don't know. I let Pat open them and continued listening to conference. A few minutes later I looked over to see what was in one of the boxes. Pat's eyes were watering and then he handed me the letter. It was so very sweet. I couldn't stop the tears from coming. A lady explained that she had been led to our blog during our accident. After reading it, she and her husband sought out the Mormon missionaries. Today they were baptized. Incredible..."
Preslee's birthday is just 8 days before Christmas. They didn't know how they were going to celebrate it. She wanted to do someting that would mean something to Preslee. One thing that Preslee taught Ashley was the power of service. So, Ashley and Pat are Paying It Forward.
I have had a prompting that I should help in this service project. I would love to serve those families who may have a sweet little one who may be going through a difficult time.
"Service to others deepens and sweetens this life while we are preparing to live in a better world. It is by serving that we learn to serve. When we are engaged in the service of our fellowmen, not only do our deeds assist them, but we put our own problems in a fresher perspective. When we concern ourselves with others, there is less time to be concerned with ourselves! In the midst of the miracle of serving, there is a promise of Jesus that by losing ourselves, we find ourselves! "
-Spencer W. Kimball
My goal is to gather all the items below for one basket. If you would love to donate an item, let me know. I'll be sending the items out by December 1st.
1 box of Granola Bars
2 Trail Mix (Personal Size)
2 Gold Fish (Personal Size)
6 Fruit Leather (At Costco you can get a box with 48 individual leathers for under $10)
Breath mints/Gum
Small Eye Drops (Visine)
3 pens and Journal
Fleece Blanket for the parents (47'' x 57'' or 42'' x 52'' - try and go for the bigger one :) )
2 pairs of socks (preferably with grips on the bottom)
2 Toothbrushes
Toothpaste
Chapstick
Small Lotion (non-scented if possible)
Playing Cards
Disposable Camera
2 comments:
i think it's so great that you are doing this. what an example you are. i would love to get some of those things for you.
I can help. Just give me an assignment.
Post a Comment