Now, a month later, the fish finally died. In the morning she woke me up telling me the fish was doing a hand stand. I looked at it and I knew it had died. I told her it was time to flush it. We had a repeat of the toilet sitting and sobbing. I told her we could either flush it or bury it. She didn't want to do either. About 3 days later, with the fish discolored and now floating at the top, Ryan convinced her to have a little funeral for it and to bury it. She agreed, but she didn't know what a funeral was. So, this is what we did...
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
RIP Pinky
Kaitlyns first pet and beloved fishy, Pinky (finally) died. A little bit of history of Pinky. It seemed as Pinky was the one to pick on in the tank. The other two liked to chase it and bother it. About a month ago we noticed one of its eyes missing. Gross. Not sure what happened. A few days later, Kaitlyn woke me up in the morning by telling me that Pinkys other eye was popping out of his head. I went to go check on it and sure enough it was bulging out. It was so, so gross to look at. I decided to take her out of the tank and put her in a little container. Then, a couple days later the tail started to fall off. Weird. This fish had leprosy or something. With one eye missing, the other popping out and a tail almost gone, I tried so SO hard to convince Kaitlyn it was time to flush the fish and send it to fishy heaven. She wouldn't have it. She sat on that toilet for a long, long time sobbing. Everytime I would walk by either of our bathrooms she would run to it, thinking I was going to flush the fish.
Now, a month later, the fish finally died. In the morning she woke me up telling me the fish was doing a hand stand. I looked at it and I knew it had died. I told her it was time to flush it. We had a repeat of the toilet sitting and sobbing. I told her we could either flush it or bury it. She didn't want to do either. About 3 days later, with the fish discolored and now floating at the top, Ryan convinced her to have a little funeral for it and to bury it. She agreed, but she didn't know what a funeral was. So, this is what we did...
Now, a month later, the fish finally died. In the morning she woke me up telling me the fish was doing a hand stand. I looked at it and I knew it had died. I told her it was time to flush it. We had a repeat of the toilet sitting and sobbing. I told her we could either flush it or bury it. She didn't want to do either. About 3 days later, with the fish discolored and now floating at the top, Ryan convinced her to have a little funeral for it and to bury it. She agreed, but she didn't know what a funeral was. So, this is what we did...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I LOVE the Cosby show! (My Dad's parenting came from Bill Cosby! LOL) I am really sorry about the fish though :(
PS I am sure you are a WONDERFUL mother!
Best blog post I have read all day! Now I want to watch the Cosby's too. These will be fun stories for her to read someday.
i love that you used the cosby show episode. i absolutely LOVE that show.
Great idea with the Cosby Show clip! Its hard ot lose a pet.
BTW, sounds like the fish had ich. Its very contagious. You might want to get some medicine so the other fish don't get it. Its at most pet stores.
Poor Pinky :( Meighan and I got quite the laugh from this post :D
Post a Comment