Monday, August 16, 2010

First Sleepover

Kaitlyn has spent the night with her cousins, but this time we let her have her first sleepover with a friend. Of course, it was with big Caitlin. We decided to invite big Caitlin to spend the night because 1. Caitlin and Kaitlyn have talked about it for a long time and 2. Caitlin is moving and our Kaitlyn has been sad that she wouldn't be able to see Caitlin as often as she does now.

Caitlin came over in the afternoon and they played all day. Poor Caitlin, Kaitlyn was so hyper. She was so excited to have all this one and one time with Caitlin. After dinner they decided they wanted to make chocolate chip cookies. They made a good team. Caitlin read the directions, measured out the ingredients and Kaitlyn poured it in. They did need help opening the Costco size bag of chocolate chips. So, I grabbed the bag and it was upside down (opps!) and chocolate chips went all.over.the.place. Before I could even start cleaning it up, Kaitlyn had a mouth full of chocolate chips in her mouth. Little stinker. Caitlin had asked me earlier in the day if they could watch a movie before they went to bed and I said sure. Why did I say yes? They took forever to go to bed. They chose to watch Tinkerbell and The Lost Treasure. I don't know what time they ended up falling asleep, but it was sometime after 10:00.

I think all the excitement really got to Kaitlyn. She ended up with a sore throat and cold the next day. Also, she took a nap which she rarely does. I'm not sure if it was because she was exhausted or because she wasn't feeling well. I think it was a combo of both!
Overall, the girls had a fun time. Caitlin even said at one point, "I'll never forget this sleepover!" I think she said that because of all the energy Kaitlyn had- it was truly unforgettable.

No comments: