Kaitlyn's day started out great. In the morning she got picked up by some wonderful friends and they took her Academy of Sciences in the city. I was able to stay home and have some quiet time.
When she got home she started to play with some of her friends outside and literally 10 minutes later she comes back in tears telling me her friends were yelling at her and not being nice. The girls came over to our door and started to yell "no!!!" at the top of there lungs because they didn't want Kaitlyn to tell me what had happen. I started to tell the girls we shouldn't yell at our friends then they ran away. (arghh) So, Kaitlyn played with the boys instead.
Her friend Julian (Big Caitlins brother) pulled Kaitlyn around in the red wagon and Kaitlyn was screaming at the top of her lungs. She was having so much fun.
Then a few minutes after this picture was taken the wheel of the wagon went off the sidewalk into the planter and Kaitlyn did a flip backwards and hit her head on the cement. She cried for a pretty long time and Julian felt so bad. He has such a tender heart, I think he was just as sad and she was.
Then... a couple of hours later Kaitlyn was helping me cook up some lunch. She was standing on a chair by the stove and she reached over to grab something and her foot slipped off the chair and her arm touched the stove (which was previously turned off a few minutes beforehand, but still hot) then she tumbled onto the floor. At first I didn't know why her arm hurt so badly. She wouldn't let me see it. She was covering it with her hand. So, I thought maybe she hurt her elbow when she fell. I did see her fall, but I didn't see her arm touch the stove. It happened so fast. Obviously it did, once I saw the two lines from the stove printed on her arm. Poor girl. She cried for an hour or so. My heart was breaking because I know how badly burns can hurt. As of tonight, she says it doesn't hurt. That makes me feel a little better.
2 comments:
Oooooh! Poor little girl! How sad! I hope that burn heals quickly and that she has a fabulous day tomorrow :)
Oh no! That IS a bad day. :(
Post a Comment