Thursday, March 4, 2010

BADM

I know I have blogged about the Bay Area Discovery Museum before, but we love this place so much I had to make another post. This week has been cold and rainy and I knew today was going to be sunny and beautiful so we took advantage of going the BADM before the rain may come again.
My original plan was to go in the morning then come home and try to catch up on my apartment chores. We somehow got a late start in the morning and so I decided we would go after lunch. It turned out perfect - nobody was there!





We spent over an hour in her favorite room - the art studio. The middle picture she said she made a picture of me and was intense painting something else. The last picture she had written her name with the paint. She said she wanted to make her pirate face so that's what she is doing in the picture.
Another place Kaitlyn really enjoyed was the Discovery Hall. It always has a theme which is left on display for a few months. All of it is hands-on. Right now it's all about animals and insects. Kaitlyn was in heaven!



Just playing on the playground, on the boat. She had a blast!
They do have a 'tot spot' for babies and toddlers. You have to be 42'' inches or under to be able to go in. Kaitlyn has about 1 more inch to grow until she can't go in anymore. That makes me really sad because it's her second favorite spot to play in. That and the art studio are the two things she talks about. Another reason why it makes me sad is because it reminds me how much Kaitlyn is growing up and it's going by way too fast.
I wish I could freeze time.

1 comment:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

That looks like fun! Kaitlyn has gotten so BIG!! It's incredible! Ü