Monday, January 4, 2010

Kaitlyn turned 4!

The 29th of December Kaitlyn turned 4! I can't believe she is 4 already. Time has gone by really fast. For her birthday we took her to see The Princess and the Frog. Then, that evening my brothers and their families came over for dinner. Kaitlyn wanted a Hello Kitty party so I bought some Hello Kitty balloons and some Hello Kitty themed plates, etc...
When she woke up in the morning, I said to her, "Happy Birthday love bug!" she said, "today? right now? here? it's my birthday?" I said, "yep, all day." She then looked in the mirror and said, "I'm 4? I don't look older." It was really cute.

Kaitlyn: You have been such a joy in our life. Life would be incomplete without you. Your daddy and I are so proud of you and the little girl you are becoming. This past year you have grown up a lot. This summer you taught yourself how to swim. You are now able to write your own name. You are very good in math, especially with adding. You have a love for learning which I hope you will always have. You love to play all sorts of games, such as, board games, online games (pbskids, disney, nickjr), Star War legos with daddy, and puzzles. You are very interested in figuring out how things work. You have the love for animals - you love puppies, kitties, rollie polies, and ladybugs. Sometimes you tell me you want to help animals get better when you are older. And, other times you tell me you want to be an artist. You love to color and to paint. Your favorite color is still green and pink. I don't know if that is because your daddy loves green and I love pink. I guess we will see when you get a little older. You are still very shy, but that is okay. I was very shy as well. When people ask you a question you either giggle or smile and look away. You are very energetic. You could wake up at 7:30, go all day without a nap and stay up until past mid-night. You have lots of energy! You are still a daddy's girl and I think you always will be. You love play tickle torture with him, get piggy back rides and just crawl all over him to get his attention. You finished up your first year in Primary as a Sunbeam and you loved it. Not only did you love learning about Heavenly Father and Jesus but you loved your teacher as well. You are very excited to become a big sister. You are really hoping for a little sister. I mean, really hoping for a little sister. I know you are going to be a great helper and love your brother/sister. I think one of your goals for this year should be working on listening and learning to have patience. The past two times we have gone out to eat, you have gotten a fortune cookie, it has said something along the lines with having patience (i think that's a sign :)) We love you Kaitlyn. Thank you for bringing so much joy to our lives.






No comments: