I did it! I accomplished one of my goals. My first half marathon! The day before the race I decided to go on a light, short jog over the Golden Gate Bridge. Bad idea. Somehow I hurt my right foot - it hurt on the outside and right below my ankle. I stopped my run and walked back to my car. I thought the pain would go away by the end of the day, but it didn't. Then, I told myself maybe by the morning the pain would go away. I woke up the morning of the race and I could barely walk on my foot. I told myself that I had worked so hard for this day and that my foot wasn't going to stop me from running it. So, I wrapped up my foot as best as I could. I ran the race basically just on the front part of my right foot the whole time. Let's just say my calf got a great workout. I was able to run the whole 13.1 miles without stopping and was able finish. Lets just say, I loved every second of it. Yeah... call me crazy! :) It has been a little over a week now and my foot is slowly getting better, still hurts. I already signed up for my next half marathon in October. I can't wait! Here are some pictures off theSan Francisco Marathon website. That is why they are tiny.
Good Job!! That is so awesome!! Next year I have high hopes to do a marathon and triathon....I'm already dreaming about it. :) We should get together and sign up for one for next year!! Which one are you doing in Oct?? And congrats to Ryan!! Yay!! That's so fun that he actually gets to work on people now(and maybe a little scary too. :)) How long does he have left??
That is really awsome that you accomplished that! I have always wanted to train for a half marathon...I would be crazy like you and say I loved every minute of it =)
12 comments:
Congratulations! That is awesome! I can't believe you did the whole thing with a hurt foot!
Wow you are amazing. I wish I could do that!!! Congrats for accomplishing a goal:)
Good Job!! That is so awesome!! Next year I have high hopes to do a marathon and triathon....I'm already dreaming about it. :) We should get together and sign up for one for next year!! Which one are you doing in Oct?? And congrats to Ryan!! Yay!! That's so fun that he actually gets to work on people now(and maybe a little scary too. :)) How long does he have left??
You are crazy!! But I admire your tenacity. Hope the foot heals soon.
congrats! they're addicting! which one are you dong in october?
That is really awsome that you accomplished that! I have always wanted to train for a half marathon...I would be crazy like you and say I loved every minute of it =)
Way to go! You are A-mazing!
Good job!! That's so awesome. You should be waaay proud!!
Admirable! That is such a GREAT accomplishment!
Congrats Christina!! We're so proud of you! That's amazing! Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!!
I am a little behind on reading blogs, but great job. That really is so awesome. I wish I was still motivated to do something like that :)
That is awesome Christina!!!! Congrats and what an inspiration.....Love your blog too ^.~ ..Thanks for inviting me to come and check it out..
Areli E.
Post a Comment