For those who know Kaitlyn, she LOVES her blankie. When we brought her home from the hospital we dressed her up in a outfit, which matched her blankie. But, after we brought her home we never used the blanket... until one random night when Kaitlyn was a few months old she was sleeping and I went in her room to check on her. I wanted to put a blanket on her so I went to where her blankets were and grabbed whatever one was on top and it happened to be the one we brought her home in. Well....since that night (2 1/2 plus years) Kaitlyn has loved that blankie so much, she has taken it everywhere with her. It was basically her comfort blankie. But, the blanket was so well loved that I got em brassed taking it places.. no matter how many times I washed it, it didn't look any better. I think washing it actually made the blanket look worse. Anyway, for the past year we have been trying to get Kaitlyn to like another new soft, silky blanket but she wasn't having it. She would just throw it on the the ground... until this week! Kaitlyns blankie got so bad that I just had to hide it from her (along with most of her pacifiers.. that's another story) and for the past 3 nights she hasn't even asked for it!! She has been sleeping with her new soft, silky blanket that we have been trying to get her to love. yay! I took pictures of her well loved blankie and let me tell you - these pictures DO NOT do the justice! The silk part on the back of the blanket isn't even silky anymore. it is shredded and totally not connected to the blanket....
also, Kaitlyn has the hardest time going to bed. Maybe because daddy gets home around bed time and she wants to play?! I don't know.. But, the past 3 days she hasn't had a nap and she has been going to bed 7:30/8:00.. now to me that sounds like a normal child. no more 10:30 bed business.
Now.. time for potty training! ah! any advice?
5 comments:
You're a good mom -- keep up the good work. I'm still working on potty training with Allen. It's been a constant struggle... and both my kids are attached to blankets too. Every outing they both have to bring them. It's nice to know that other kids are just as attached to theirs.
Good Job!! I just told Kaydree that we lost her Pacifier which technically we did until later but she understood what lost was and we acted totally excited for her about not needing one any more. And the potty thing....just keep trying. I did dances, books, stickers, and treats(small). We got panties and made a big deal about how cool they were. She started and stopped on 2 diff. occasions but the third time was a charm. We just tell her it's fun to wear panties and that we have no money to buy diapers!! I'm so honest!!! But every kid's so different so I guess when she's ready or she starts to believe what you tell her. :) Great job though!!
WOW that is a lot of work!! Getting kids to give up their favorites is HARD!!! Here is my tip for potty training. One of my friends told me this and it worked twice so far. When you finally decided to get serious about it. Put her in undies, plan to stay home for 3-4 days, and plan to do a lot of laundry. Usually on the third day they get it. Easy as that. GOOD LUCK!!
HA! You know I have no potty advice but way to go with the pacies and blanket. Those are hard habits to break!
You are such a great mom! I have no advice because we have not gotten that far with Brooklyn yet...sorry.
Post a Comment