Tuesday, January 13, 2009

C-A-T

A year ago I blogged about how Kaitlyn loves watching the Word Factory movies. She has 2 videos- one for all the letter sounds and another where they put letters together to spell a word. (Totally recommend them both. I think you can get them at Target) And, for Christmas we got Kaitlyn some letter magnets for the refrigerator and they make there sounds.
Last night I was in other other room and Ryan was with her and I heard her squeal really loud, "DADDY! DADDY! I DID IT! COME SEE!" and she had spelled the word cat! When she would sound out the letter C she would pretend like she was shivering because on the word factory movie they have the letter C mean cold. And, today she was getting the hang of having the word AT and putting a letter in front of it like H to make the word hat. I am surprised how fast she picking up on this. Hopefully, she can keep up her great work! :)

3 comments:

Christine said...

These come highly recommended from a few friends of mine. We are going to have to get some and see if Bubbs likes them too. Good spelling, Kaitlyn!

Jenna said...

Smart girl! She was so adorable in Primary, if a little shy. My sunbeams in SLO were the same way. I'm so excited to have her in Primary now!

Zach and Linds said...

How great! That is really impressive! I will have to look into those for sure!