Friday, January 9, 2009

K's birthday. cont....

We celebrated Kaitlyns birthday with her aunts, uncles, and cousins when everyone got back into town after christmas. A month or 2 before her birthday Kaitlyn would literally tell me she wanted a green cake. okay??? hmm.... Well, my favorite cake is a mint chip ice cream cake from 31 flavors. So.... I decided to get the same for Kaitlyn.. I thought it would work - it was green! I told Kaitlyn that the outside of her cake was princess pink, just like her Princess Party she wanted. And that the inside was green. She loved it!!! (one thing that bothered me about the cake was the lady who wrote on it, the writing was ugly! o'well.)
She also loved all her presents. (Thank you family for Kaitlyns presents!) She was so excited about them all.
The best part of that night was when I went into the bedroom and I thought Kaitlyn was asleep, and all of a sudden a hear her little voice and she says, "mommy...I love my family. mommy.... i love my cake."
Dear Kaitlyn,
Daddy and I are so greatful that our Heavenly Father sent you to us. You have been such a blessing and joy in our life. You're such a good little girl. When the right time comes, we know one day you will be a great big sister. You will always be daddy's little princess and my snuggle bug :)
We love you soooo much!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

Little Farmer Family said...

Happy Birthday to Kaitlyn!! Don't worry about the potty training thing, it will come. I've been trying with Kaydree on a few different occasions and well, this time she was ready!! And sorry to hear about your trial....Heavenly Father will bless your family again and I'm sure the timing will be just right!! You guys look so good!!