Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Break


This week is my Spring Break I'm really enjoying my time off of school! Ryan and I had a couple of plans in mind on what we wanted to do. We first really wanted to go to California to visit family, but flights were just too expensive :( Then, we came up with this crazy idea that we would drive to San Francisco for 11 hours, with a 2 year old.. But, decided againist it. We wanted to look at different areas and get an idea on where we wanted to live. THEN, we thought it would be fun to drive to Utah to visit Ryans 2 sisters and some friends, but....we decided not too.. So.. We decided to just stay home. We have been cleaning and getting organized for our move in June. This week weather has been really stinky- it's been raining! I checked the news the beginning of the week and it said the only day it wasn't going to rain would be on Tuesday. So, we decided to take Kaitlyn to the zoo. It was cold, so we got her bundled up and we went outside to find rain drops hitting the top of our heads! Ryan and I were so bummed because we thought it would be soooo fun for Kaitlyn. So, we drove over to Ryans parents house, which is not even 5 minutes away, to start some of our laundry and some other things.. The time we got there we could see the sun peeking through all those dark clouds. So, I got excited! So we did start our laundry and headed to the zoo. But, of course, it started to rain again! I didn't care, we went anyway and the rain did stop! So, it was really enjoyable! The zoo is super small, but Kaitlyn had so much fun! I think her favorite thing was the giraffe slide, which was super tall..UNTIL...these 2 boys who were about 4 or 5 years old were playing around and pushing eachother. It was Kaitlyns turn to go down and she was trying to sit down and these 2 boys basically push her and she almost fell off the slide. Thank goodness for daddy being right there to try to catch her if anything did happen. But, she did almost start to cry...she was still brave and went down the slide. BUT... right when she was coming down these two abnoxious boys came down the slide practically running her over. I was so upset. Kaitlyn walked away scared and wasn't sure what to think.
But, over all it was a fun day! :)
I also threw in some more pictures of Kaitlyn being a great cook!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

How fun! I'm glad you got to spend time together. Kaitlyn is so cute!