Thursday, September 5, 2013

Life has been Busy

Life has been busy. I haven't been able to sit down and update the blog for awhile now.  This morning it was raining, so playgroup was cancelled. I decided that I should just sit down and update the blog. It might not be in as much detail as I would like, but at least Summer of 2013 will be documented. Sarah is running around in her my little pony underwear (it's impossible to keep her dressed nowadays) and Emily is laying on the carpet squealing as loud as she can. She loves to hear her own voice. I am still learning how to juggle three. I don't think it will ever get easier. Please tell me that it does.

Ryan is keeping busy with work. He loves being a dentist and helping people. He has been currently serving as our ward executive secretary. We recently got a new bishopric and the stake executive secretary got called into the new bishopric. I told Ryan he would be called as the new stake executive secretary. Sure enough a few weeks later President Scoggins calls us to let us know that he would like to meet with us. I was right on my prediction. His new calling will keep him busy, but we're grateful for this experience that he has to work with our amazing stake presidency and high councilors.

I am keeping busy with the three kids. Kaitlyn is back in school. She loves learning and her teacher. She started soccer and she has two practices a week. I am thinking about signing her up for piano, which is only once a week for 20-30 minutes. I didn't put Sarah into preschool this year. The lady I want her to go to requires them to be potty-trained. At the time I got the email Sarah was far from being potty-trained. By the end of July and early August she was potty-trained and doing great! For now, I might look into signing her up for a tumbling class. Not sure yet. Little Emme is keeping me busy, but she's such a good baby. She's so fun. I love this age (3-5 months). She's happy, interactive, laughs, sleeping better, can't talk back and not mobile yet.

 I decided to go back to school this semester. I was taking two classes, but now I am just taking one. It's an online theater class, which is nice. It's a required class, but should be interesting.
Our Primary presidency just got released. Our president is moving. I was serving as the primary secretary and I really enjoyed that. It was busy. Lots of computer things, but I didn't mind. I was just called to be first counselor in the new Primary presidency. This means I have get to teach sharing time. That makes me a little nervous. We have over 70 kids in primary. I enjoyed serving with the ladies in the previous presidency and learned a lot from them. They are wonderful ladies and I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to get to know them. I will miss serving with them.  I don't know the new presidency too well, so I am excited to get to know them and learn from them.

Just in the past two weeks Ryan and I both got our new callings. We enjoy serving and hope that we can do our best at our callings while we are taking care of our family responsibilities.

Despite how busy we are and going to become, life has been good. We are blessed.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Yay for Clark updates! And yes, I think three kids got easier, especially when the littlest slept through the night. Everything is better with sleep. :)
I am in the primary too. Don't worry about sharing time. You will be great!

HR said...

Love the update! You sound soooo busy! I bet it is nice to see your girls in primary without being their direct teacher.