On August 27th Kaitlyn started her first day of first grade at her new school. We took her to school on the first day to take some pictures and to meet her teacher. While we were there I saw two little kids in her class crying. One of the little girls that was crying was new to the school just like Kaitlyn. I told Kaitlyn she should introduce herself and to say hi. Kaitlyn can be shy, especially if we are there. Apparently though this little girl and Kaitlyn became best buddies.
Kaitlyn has a long day and is starting to get used to her schedule. She walks out our door at 8:00am to catch the bus across the street (it's so awesome) then the bus drops her off around 3:45. I have never seen Sarah get so excited to see the bus in the morning. She loves it! I don't know why. Also, if you ask Sarah during the day where Kaitlyn is, Sarah replies with, "Bus!!"
I do miss having Kaitlyn around, but I do love how quiet the house can get... Sarah goes down for her nap around 1:00 and will sleep until around 4. I don't know what to do with all the quietness.
Happy First Grade Kaitlyn!
1 comment:
That IS a long day. First grade? When did our babies get so old?
Post a Comment