Thursday, July 26, 2012

Meet Roxie


Yes. We caved. We got a dog. We got her at the shelter the last weekend of June. Her name is Roxie and is 3 years old. She's a Shiba-Inu Pug mix. Yeah, don't feel bad... I had to google that one too...

She really is one of the sweetest dogs!  She loves kids. She is so good with the girls and loves all the attention. Another thing she loves is digging. Err! I think she can get bored during the day while we are out running errands and will decide to dig to keep her entertained. It's been a  frustrating battle. Let's just say I am glad Ryan doesn't own a gun. ;) Overall, she is a good dog, but needs some obedience training. 


Kaitlyn is loving the fact that she now has a dog and isn't allergic. We don't have many kids living in our neighborhood yet, since it's a new development. Kaitlyn can get bored and sad that she doesn't have many friends to play with outside. The day we got the dog she told me, "I am so glad we have a dog now. I'll have a friend to play with whenever I want".

4 comments:

Jenna said...

She is very cute! Try wearing her out in the morning with a long walk/run; she should sleep more when you are gone. And get the Cesar Milan book!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

cute dog! i can't imagine having a dog + two kids (plus a husband, let's face it!!!) to take care of ! brave momma!!! looks like K is having a blast with her, which makes it all worth it!

Christine said...

Jason has been trying to talk me into a dog for a year now. He watches the Dog Whisperer and we don't even have a dog.

Joanna said...

You guys look like you are having so much fun! I can tell that your life is ALL about making sure the kiddos are having a blast, K. You're so great. I hope things are going well for you! I miss you and our dinners.