Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Famous Potato


    On May 19th, Boise hosted it's annual Famous Idaho Potato Marathon. Ryan, Valerie, Megan and I ran the 10k. James, Charlynn and some dental patients walked the 5k. We got Hidden Creek Dental shirts made with the logo and phone number.

As I was coming up on mile 2, I caught up to Ryan. He said he hurt his knee was really hurting him. He ended up walking the rest of the race.

I was able to run the whole 10k in 55 minutes. I broke my PR by 7 minutes! I was really excited about that. I checked my ranking and I came in 17th out of 73 in my age group. The funny thing is, is that I didn't have a goal in mind. I just wanted to finish and push through my knee injury.

It was a fun race on Boise's beautiful greenbelt. We'll be sure to be running that again.

2 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

that's awesome! good for you!

Christine said...

Famous Potato . . . Idaho, you're funny.