Growing up I don't think we ever celebrated St. Patty's day. We did the norm, we wore green and ate corn beef and cabbage. Now that I have kids, I am not used to having the Leprechaun come around.
Friday before St. Patty's day Kaitlyn came home from school with this leprechaun trap. She set it out on the counter and the first thing Saturday morning she ran and checked to see if he was caught or ate the gold chocolate coin. Well, neither happened. He wasn't caught and the chocolate was not eaten. How can the leprechaun forget to eat the chocolate?! Thank goodness that she wasn't too upset about it. I told her maybe the leprechaun hasn't come yet. That did the trick.
While she was watching some morning cartoons the leprechaun was able to drop off some Lucky Charms, green fruit roll-ups and some green milk outside the kitchen sliding door. Then the leprechaun went running away. (Literally) :)
We're still working with Sarah to smile for the camera. :)
1 comment:
We didn't do much for the day either when I was a kid (except pinch).
Brendan's homework assignment for the week prior to St Patrick's Day was to build a leprechaun trap. I'd never heard of a such a thing. He had tons of fun with it though and was genuinely disappointed that he didn't catch one in his classroom over the weekend.
Post a Comment