Monday, August 1, 2011

Sun Valley Ice Show

Saturday night Ryan and I went to the world-famous Sun Valley ice show. The ice rink is outside, and it's beautiful with the mountains and trees. The famous ice skating star that happened to be performing the night we went was the "Lady Gaga" of ice skating - Johnny Weir, the 2008 world bronze medalist. It was an awesome show and I am so glad we went. Even though it started to pour down rain during the finale, it was so worth it. Johnny Weir

There were other big time ice skaters preforming as well. I list just a few. There was Jozef Sabovcik. He was Olympic bronze medalist and two-time European champion. Dan Hollander who was hilarious! He was one of our favorites. Some of his routines were dressing as Mrs.Doubtfire, making fun of the other ice skates... He is known for his back flips because he can do flip over 5 people. The day before the show we walked by the ice rink and watched kids have ice skating lessons and Dan was one of the instructors. If I would have known then who he was I would have taken more pictures. But, after the show we really wanted to meet him, but couldn't find him. It was kind of a bummer.







Ashley Clark - has 12 years of experience as a professional skater all over the world and is a two-time USFSA gold medalist in Freestyle and Moves in the Field.



Craig Heath, another favorite. He is Two-time American Open Silver Medalist. American Open Bronze Medalist.World Professional Bronze Medalist.



Johnny Weir signing my ticket stub





Craig Heath and I

1 comment: