This month Ryan and I attended the LDS Academy of Dentist meeting. It was held on BYU campus at the Harmon building/conference center. It was from 8-5 Friday and then a dinner/fireside at the Marriott. Then again on Saturday from 8-5:30. While Ryan got educated in dentistry, I attended the spouses conference where I got spiritual uplifted and got to meet some pretty awesome dental wives. It was nice because our breaks (eating some pretty awesome "snacks" more like some delicious small meals) were the same as our husbands and got to have lunch with them as well. Friday they brought in Zupa's. So. Good. I have missed that place. Saturday we again had the same break time with the husbands then for lunch we headed down to the Wilk where we had a catered lunch and a speaker. The speaker is always someone who did humanitarian work in another country. This year we got to see pictures and hear about a dentists adventure to China. After lunch the husbands had to go back to the conference center for more lectures and the wives had an hour and half of shopping time. After shopping the wives had a concert in the Varisty theater by, "One Clear Voice." Then one more awesome speaker after that. When it was all over they handed out FREE Jamba Juice for the wives. Awesome.
One thing I am looking forward to next year is that Kaitlyn will be old enough to attend. They plan 2 full days for the kiddos. They play games, roller stake, the zoo, go to seven peaks, have a movie night - lots of fun things.
One thing I am looking forward to next year is that Kaitlyn will be old enough to attend. They plan 2 full days for the kiddos. They play games, roller stake, the zoo, go to seven peaks, have a movie night - lots of fun things.
Heaven in a bottle
After lunch Ryan walked around campus and the library. I forgot how beautiful that campus is. Even though I didn't attend BYU, I spent many, many hours at the library studying with Ryan. It was good to be back. It brought back some fun memories of when we were dating and when we were first were married.
While Ryan and I attended the conference, Kaitlyn and Sarah were with Ryan's mom tending the kids in Salt Lake. We all stayed at the Kimball, which is located right across the street from the temple and conference center. We had an awesome view of the temple from our room. We got lucky!

Already looking forward to next year!
3 comments:
Oooooo, that sounds like a great conference. Maybe I'll investigate for next year. Wouldn't that be fun?!
seriously, the picture of that milk has me salivating :) oh my!
ok, that meeting sounds so fun! i'm going to tell weston that i want to go to that next year!
Post a Comment