Wednesday, August 24, 2011

California

After spending time in Utah, the girls and I flew out from SLC to Long Beach to spend a week with my family. I was really stressed and nervous flying by myself with 2 kids, let alone an active 15 month old. And it didn't help that a few days prior I randomly came across a blog which a mom wrote about her horrible plane experience flying alone with her 2 kids. So, I was praying extra hard that everything would go smoothly. As I found our seats on the plane I saw that we would be sitting next to an older man. I was thinking, "okay he is either going to hate us or love us." and feel that I got so lucky - this man was a saint. He was so helpful and made sure it was a smooth plane ride. He asked multiply times if I needed help and if everything was okay. After we landed he made sure I was taken care of and that I didn't need help with any of our belongings. I was so grateful for him and his help. Every mother who is traveling alone with children needs someone like that sitting next to them.

We spent a couple of days in CA then the rest of the week at the river house. The first day in CA Kaitlyn played her cousins Marie and Sophie. They played with the dogs, turtle, dolls, strawberry shortcake, colored, watched a movie... Kaitlyn had missed her cousins so much. She talks about them a lot and I think it's been hard for her to live so far away from all of them. The next day my sister-in-law Dawn and I took Jack and Kaitlyn to Raging Waters. Kaitlyn had so. much. fun. She hasn't done anything like that before and loved all the rides! I didn't take my camera so I didn't get any pictures of this fun day. Sarah is my girly-girl. Well, a lot more then Kaitlyn ever was.


Cute little Lucy

2 comments:

Christine said...

Oh saintly airport people are awesome! I'm so glad you had help.

Stevie Spillers said...

Sarah is ADORABLE!!!!! Kaitlyn looks just like her cousin.