On the 4th of July, we woke up early to attend our ward's pancake breakfast and flag ceremony. I was surprised to see so many people showed up, which made it a lot of fun. The church has a covered area with benches and tables. They also have a large sand volleyball court, which I think the primary kids have turned into a large sandbox. There is also a huge grass area where the kids can run free! It's really convenient for the adults we are trying to a conversation! It's a win-win sitaution!
We then spent our afternoon at Ryan's Aunt Karen's home swimming and for a BBQ. They have a nice swimming pool with a slide and diving board. Kaitlyn was in heaven!
When we got home in the evening, Kaitlyn and I hiked half way up Castle Rock to watch the fireworks from the near by park. It literally doesn't get dark here in Boise until 10pm. So the fireworks started at 10:15. I wasn't sure how great the view would be, but it turned out to be fantastic! Not only did we see the those fireworks, but we were able to see fireworks from all over the nearby cities and the not so near by cities. It was really pretty to watch.(For some reason most of the pictures I have taken in Boise got deleted off my SD card - Argh!)
1 comment:
Oooooo, fireworks from atop a mountain? FUN!
Post a Comment