Monday, May 9, 2011

"Muders" Day

I had a wonderful Mother's day. It started off with Ryan and Kaitlyn making me breakfast - Egg in a frame. It's one of Kaitlyn's favorite breakfasts' to help make. When she brought me my breakfast she said, "Happy Muders day" (that's how she says Mother and I don't have the heart to correct her yet. It's too cute.) as she licked the yolk on top of the egg. Then she handed me my plate. Thank you, Kaitlyn.

I had the opportunity to speak in Sacrament meeting. My topic was, "The righteous influence of Mothers." I think it went okay. It was my first talk given since Ryan and I got married almost 6 1/2 years ago. Isn't that crazy?
After church we just took it easy. We had a nice dinner and Ryan and Kaitlyn shared a few words on why they loved me. It was really sweet.


It was a nice relaxing Sunday. I thoroughly enjoyed it.


Why can't Mother's day be everyday?


I'm grateful to be a mother. Even though at times it can be emotionally and physically hard, at the end of the day when I put my head on my pillow it is all worth it.


I'm grateful for my Mom and the wonderful example she has been to me. She is an amazing Mom and I hope to follow in her footsteps. And my Mother-in-law, I can't say enough sweet things about her! She is fabulous. Ryan and I appreciate everything she has done for our little family.

We love you both! Happy Mothers day!

3 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

happy mother's day to you!!! glad you had a nice day!

Christine said...

She licked your Mother's Day breakfast? Don't you love kids? :)

The Standrings said...

kristina- your talk was very sweet. it really touched me.