This Memorial day started out by running in one of "fastest" 10K courses in the bay area. I don't think they were joking when they wrote that this was the fastest flat course in Marin. These runners were hard core. As I had just passed mile 1 marker, there were groups of people sprinting up to mile 3. It was in-sane!
My goal was to finish under an hour. I missed it by 41 seconds. As I run I pin point a certain person and make it my goal to pass them. It motivates me to run harder and faster. Obviously, I didn't run fast enough if I didn't meet my goal... BUT, I'm happy to report that I did end up passing the 4 people I had my eye on. 
Kaitlyn also participated in some kid races - the 50 yard dash, 100 yard dash and the 400 meter. She came in second on the 100 yard dash. It was so funny to watch some of these parents with their kids. One mom ran the 400 meter dash with her little girl and as the girl was about 50 meters from the finish line she was full on crying because she was tired, but the mom was still pushing her to run. It was sure intense.
Ryan giving Kaitlyn some running tips



All the kids recieved a ribbon!
We then ended our day with spending time with more amazing friends at the Kuhmanns for a BBQ. We have sure made some great life long friends while we have lived here. It's starting to hit me that our time here is limited and it makes my heart hurt. Not only will it be hard to leave the beautiful San Francisco bay, but it will also be tough to leave our friends who have been our family away from home these past three years.
1 comment:
Way to go, Kristina! It is sad to leave. We often talk about when we will go back to visit. The sad thing is that a big chunk of our friends won't be there anymore. Thank goodness for the internet. :)
Oh, and Dan Kuhman's BBQ is fabulous! Even here in BBQ country, I am hard pressed to find better.
Post a Comment