Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Break

Ryan had his last dental school Spring break. We were so grateful that his sister Kirsten and husband Nathan drove all the way from Seattle to visit us for a few days. The weather wasn't the greatest. It rained off and on majority of the time, but we worked around that. Saturday evening they drove in and we were able to chat and catch up with one another. Sunday was a rainy day. In the late afternoon it cleared up so I took Nathan and Kirsten on a drive through Sausalito. We were hoping to park somewhere and walk around, but there was no parking anywhere. We then headed to the GG Bridge.
I love this bridge. It's beautiful. Definitley something I'm going to miss. A lot.


Monday we explored the Palace Of Fine Arts. Even though I have seen this building tons of times I can never get sick of it.




I thought this plant was really pretty. I've never seen one like it.


After the Palace Of Fine Arts I drove Kirsten and Nathan down Lombard street. We then we headed over to China town, but instead drove into downtown San Francisco (really not by choice, thank you GPS) and finally made it to China town. Again, we had trouble finding parking so we drove right on through. After almost living here for 3 years, it was my first time there. On Tuesday it looked like it was going to rain so I stayed home with Sarah while Ryan took everyone to Fishermens Wharf. Ryan came home with a surprise for me. He bought me some beautiful sea shells. I love it when he surprises me with gifts because it's something I don't expect. Wednesday morning Nathan and Kirsten packed up and headed back to Seattle. It was a short, fun visit. It was wonderful to see them, it has been a long time. I'm so grateful that they took that long drive to come visit us while we are still living here in San Francisco. As I look through my pictures I can't believe we didn't get any pictures together!

Thursday it POURED rain! At last minute I thought it would be fun rainy day activity to take Kaitlyn to Farm Day at the Civic Center. We opened the door to leave and I saw this...

Not sure if this picture does the justice, but our whole side walk was flooded. As we were all standing at the door in awe of all the rain, we saw lightening then a BOOM! Thunder had rattled the apartment and set off a couple of car alarms. Ryan was holding Sarah and she didn't make a peep. Kaitlyn was excited and wanted to go outside and play. I on the other hand, had tears in my eyes. It actually scared me. I told Kaitlyn it would probably be best if we stayed inside. After some convincing she agreed and played with her science experiment kit.


The rest of the week we spent time as a family and enjoyed having Ryan home.


It was a great Spring break. Now the countdown is on for graduation!

3 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

spring break is like a nasty little teaser, huh??? it was like 10x harder on me to have shawn go back to school after spring break vs. starting the semester. looks like you guys had a fun break!!!

Kirsten said...

I'm glad we came down too! And I'm REALLY glad we didn't leave on Thursday in all that rain!! It was fun to visit you guys and spend time with the girls!

Christine said...

Views of that GG Bridge are one of the things I miss most about the Bay Area. I wish Id taken more pictures of it.