Some girls in the ward decided to participate in the Marin County Marathon. We ran the 10k (6.2 miles). The first half or so you are running along the bay then at mile 3 you start to hit some nasty hills and start to trek through China camp. The hills about killed me. I did take advantage of the downhills and let gravity pull me and I was able to catch up on my breathing and give my body a quick break. But, every time I went down hill, I thought to myself, "Oh great, I have to go back up that when I turn around."

During the race, I saw a older man who was trying to walk fast and at his best. It was visible to see that he has suffered from a stroke. As I ran by him, my eyes got cloudy and filled with tears. I got overwhelmed with his determination.
I was so happy to see Ryan and the girls during the race! I'm so grateful for him and his encouragment. He knows how much I enjoy running and helps me reach my goals.
My goal was to finish before Kaitlyn particiapted in the kid fun run. I was able to pull off 10 minute miles and still have 10 minutes to spare before her run started.
After the race
1 comment:
You ladies have such determination. Way to go!
Post a Comment