Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bon Air Trick or Treating

Saturday afternoon, Kaitlyn and her good friend Nora went Trick or Treating at the Bon Air shopping center. She had lot of fun with Nora and of course, getting candy. Kaitlyn is allergic to peanut butter. Whenever I would come across candy with peanut butter I would show her what it looked like and let her smell it so she would know for the future. While trick or treating someone would hand her a Reese's peanut butter cup, Snickers, or peanut M&M's she would politely say, "i'm allergic" and get another piece of candy. I would tell her that was really good for to notice what candy she couldn't eat. But, on the other hand, I was secretly disappointed because that means we (Ryan and I) don't get some of the good candy.
Bummer.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Cute butterfly costume!! By the way, I think it is fabulous to teach her, in a polite way, how to handle the peanut butter situation. But I agree, how sad not to have peanut butter cups to snitch. Maybe one day you can snitch Sarah's. :)