Sunday, October 24, 2010

Boise State vs San Jose

When I found out that Boise State was coming to San Jose I thought it would be so fun to go to the game to support our Broncos! It's about an hour and 20 minutes from where we live. Instead of planning it with Ryan, I went ahead and planned it myself and made it a surprise. Our dear friends, the Standrings, watched both of our kids so Ryan and I could go on such a fun date! I still can't thank them enough.
I gave Ryan about a 2 week warning that I had a surprise date planned. When the day came, I still hadn't told him what the surprise was. He assumed we were going to miss the Boise State game, but he was fine with it because he could go on ESPN3 and watch the whole game when we got home. We packed up the kids, (I felt like we were bringing the whole apartment with us) and dropped them off around 3:00ish. Ryan had asked me a few days previous if we were going into the city, I told him maybe.... then when I got on the I-580 going towards Oakland he said, "I thought we were going into the city?" I said, "nope!" Then he fell asleep in the car for about 15 minutes and when he woke up he was still very confused on where we were going. We passed by the Oakland airport and we both have never been past the airport so he was saying, "where are you taking me? I have no idea where I am." Then I would say, "I have no idea where I am either." Then, eventually he saw a sign that said: San Jose 22 miles. Then he reached over and unzipped the top of my sweatshirt, which was zipped all the way up to my throat and he saw my blue Boise State shirt. He asked if we were going to the game and was so excited to find out that was where we were heading. I reached in the back and pulled out a bag which had his Boise State sweatshirt and a new Boise State shirt.
When we drove to the stadium it was about 4:2o. The game started at 5:00. There were Boise State fans everywhere. It was awesome to see! We drove around, which seemed forever to find parking. The city of San Jose is a very slow city. The lights take FOR.EV.ERRR to change. It was horrible. Even the Wendy's drive-thru took a very long time. I believe we waited at least 10 minutes. Anyway, eventually we found a parking spot. I was sketchy about it and afraid our windows would be shattered when we got back, but it was still in tacked when we got back. After the game Ryan said, "It's so fun to know that I was able to go to a Boise State game here while I am in dental school."

We had 3rd row seats. 50 yard line. It was so fun being so close to the players.
This guy was a nut! He was yelling the most outrageous things. It was funny, but got really annoying. Boise State eventually put in there 2nd and 3rd string in the second half of the game. During the second half, Boise State only scored once (I think?) and got some good practice. Since they weren't scoring like they were in the first half this nut was yelling, "Peterson I know you can hear me!!! Put in Moore!! You can hear me Peterson!!!"
After the game the players came around to give everyone high fives.

Chris Potter, Wide Receiver

Kellen Moore, Quarterback

Funniest part of the night: Buster, the Bronco, was walking along waving to all the fans and full on tripped over the stationary bike. Oh, how I wish I could have recorded it. Of course, the picture doesn't do the justice. You'll just have to believe me that it was hilarious.

3 comments:

Christine said...

You are so sneaky. ;) What a nice wife.

Kirsten said...

Sounds awesome! What a cool wife. You're perfect for Ryan. Maybe you can give me some tips and help me think of some cool ways to surprise Nathan. :^)

Stevie Spillers said...

That sounds like such a fun date! Way to go Kristina! Can't wait for the UNR Boise game! Woo Woo!