Monday, October 25, 2010

Five Months


Sarah,

You're 5 months now! I know I say this every month, but I can't believe it. You're growing too fast.
You're still a very sweet, content baby. You like to be held and to observe what's going on around you. You hardly cry and if you do it's because you're hungry or your sister is bugging you to much.
Two weeks ago, you were only rolling from your back to your tummy, but now you're rolling everywhere! I call you my little rollie pollie.
You're becoming very vocal and it's fun to see your little personality coming out.
You still spit up. A LOT. When you do it's a TON. You always get it all over yourself, me (or whoever is holding you) and on the floor. And, without fail, after every bath you manage to spit up all over yourself. You're beginning to hold your bottle! Not all the time, but your catching on pretty quick. It has been kind of bitter sweet. I love and cherish that time holding you and feeding you, but it's fun to see you learning and growing. It's also nice because I can finish whatever I was doing while you feed yourself.

You and Kaitlyn have such a special bond. It's so fun to watch. Kaitlyn loves to hold you and to make you laugh. You smile for all of us now, but still only laugh when Kaitlyn is talking to you. We are still trying to figure out why that is. Kaitlyn is rough with you, but you seem to LOVE it.
You are now sleeping in the 3rd bedroom in the travel pack and play. You are doing a lot better sleeping in there and not wake up so many times wanting your paci. For a while we "lightly" swaddled you because we thought you weren't a fan anymore, but it seems as if you still don't mind it. So, we're back to swaddling you tightly. You love it! You get the biggest smile on your face.
You're usually in bed by 8/8:30 and seem to wake up sometime between 3-5:30am. I get up and feed you and you fall right back to sleep, which is really nice. But, you're making me tired with all this interrupted sleep. We're hoping to put you in the big girl crib next month. We'll see.
We love you and looking forward to what you'll do next.

1 comment:

Christine said...

She's just so yummy!! I want to eat her up. And that last picture is so precious! Ah, sisters.