Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Two for Two

Ryan played some basketball at the church on Saturday, which he doesn't do very often. When he left he said, "Let's hope I don't break anything." He came back limping and apparently hurt his ankle. Not broken, thankfully. He was in a lot of pain and was limping around most of the day. As the days have gone by it has swelled and has looked a little bruised. I believe he just sprained it. Three days later it does look a lot better, swelling has gone down a little, but still very sore.

One the very same day I had to drive up to Petaulma, by myself. (35 minute or so from where we live) It was labor day weekend, so I hit lots of traffic on my way up and I saw some heavy traffic the other direction as well. It was going to be a real quick trip because I was trying to get home in time to watch the BYU football game. Well... I accidentally locked my keys in the trunk of the car. NOOOOOOO. I saw a guy across the street working on his big fancy truck and I asked him if he knew how to break into cars. He told me today was my lucky day. He had his work truck, which apparently he doesn't bring home often. (I think he was some sort of under-cover cop) He pulled out some handy-dandy tools and it took him less then 2 minutes to unlock my car. I was so thankful.

Monday was Labor Day. Thanks to the Packards, they got a group together to play tennis at the local high school. We are so excited because it has been a couple years since we have played, but Ryan was bummed because he would be playing on a hurt foot. I believe we were on our 5th game (barley warmed up) I jump up to hit the ball, which was flying over my head and when I landed my foot, it went snap, crackle and pop. Thanks to google, I believe I have the 1st stage of a sprained ankle. I couldn't walk on it on Monday. Sleeping was tough that night because of the throbbing pain. Today, Tuesday, it's still very sore and swollen, but I can at least walk on it with limited pain.

Ryan is at Highland hospital in Oakland this week for school. Apparently, when he took the keys out of the ignition, he left them on the seat. He thought he had put them in his pocket. So, when he was ready to leave he realized he had locked the keys in the car. Nobody was near by to help him get them out so he had to call for some help.

So, that leaves us two for two. Ryan did come home with an awful stomach ache this evening. He thought maybe it was the food he ate at the hospital. I'm afraid it could be food poisoning. I hope it's not. With the way things are going for us now, I could some how come down with food poisioning, then that could be three for three. Let's hope not!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Yikes! That is a stroke of bad luck that seems to be contagious!
I am always afraid I'll lock my keys in the car. I'm kind of paranoid about it.

Kirsten said...

Wow, what a lousy week! Sounds like a great excuse to take a day off and do something relaxing. We love you guys!