Tuesday, September 14, 2010

First Day of Pre-K

Kaitlyn started school on Monday. She was SO excited! I'm SO excited! She is going to the community center where she went for playschool. When she went to playschool she had 3 teachers working in the classroom. Now she just has one of those 3 - Ms. Monica. The playschool and pre-k class meet together in the beginning of class and the end of class, so Kaitlyn still gets to see her favorite teacher, Ms. Stacie. When I picked up Kaitlyn from school, the teachers said Kaitlyn was more talkative and socializing very well with all the other kids. When Kaitlyn went to playschool last year, she was very shy and it took her a long time to open up and to socialize with the other kids. I'm happy to hear that she'll be more involved and that she'll be preparing for Kindergarten next year.


She LOVES LOVES her new mouse backpack. She did some online shopping with me and picked it out all by herself. It even has a matching lunch box. The day she got it she wore it most of the day, riding her bike. She showed it to everyone who crossed her path. She was so proud of it.


Kaitlyn and her good friend Tindi. She also lives at our apartment complex. They play almost everyday together.

While Kaitlyn was at school, Sarah and I joined some friends at the park.

3 comments:

The Standrings said...

that story about kaitlyn and the cake is so scary. i love that pic of her and her back pack though. it's a super cute back pack!

The Skousens said...

I always love first day of school photos! What a cute backpack! And I love that last picture of Sarah!!

Christine said...

Ah, school days again. Love it!