Thursday, July 15, 2010

Improvement

After Sarahs hard day yesterday, she slept very well. She was fed, swaddled, and put to sleep by 8:30pm. She slept until about 4:00am. 4:00 seems to be at the time where she starts to grunt and make noises but is still somewhat a sleep. I fight it and keep putting the paci in for about an hour or so. Probably not a good idea because it makes me even more tired then I need to be. So, when she started to grunt at 4am, I got up, made her a bottle, fed her, changed her diaper and she was back to sleep about 4:45. It was great that she fell back to sleep so quickly. But, not so great on my part. I went to bed about 10:30 (which was an improvement for me as well) and I usually don't go to bed until 11:30/12 because I like to wake Sarah up and give her one last feeding. But, I dont know if that really helps because it seems she wakes up at 4 no matter what. Well, after Sarah went back to sleep, I felt somewhat refreshed and couldn't fall back to sleep. I finally fell back to sleep around 6 am and Kaitlyn woke up around 6:45ish (whyyyyyyy? she slept fine when Ryan wasn't in school - she would wake up about 7:30 or later) I finally got out of bed at 7:30. It is now 8:30 and Sarah is still sleeping.
Now... if I can get Kaitlyn to sleep in just for an hour or so longer, I'll be okay and at least able to function a little better in the morning.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Ah, sleep issues and the joys of motherhood. :)

Joie said...

Oh dear, that is not the kind of thing I want to be reading about. Sometimes I really want this pregnancy to be done with, but then I think how crazy my life is going to be with two babies and I just don't know how I'm going to survive. I'm sure I'll be walking around like a zombie for the first year...and then we will all wonder where the time went and how our kids grew up so fast, right??

Joanna said...

Man, so hard. If we just had adequate sleep I swear everything else would be doable! Hope it gets better.