We went to Petsmart and bought Kaitlyn her first pet(s) 3 female Betta fish. She lined them all up and chose the ones she wanted. We also got her a Nemo fish tank. Our sweet neighbors across from us have two big fish tanks and they gave us some fresh plants and two little snails to put in the tank. Kaitlyn kept asking me if she could pet the fish and I told her that you don't pet fish, you pet doggies, cats, turtles, etc... well, she tried to keep petting them anyway. o'well.
You only feed the fish about every other day so we let Kaitlyn feed the fish the day after we got them. The blue/green colored fish (I don't think she has named the fish yet) ate all the food. Then, later that day we found more food that Kaitlyn had snuck in. We also found a random rock that she must have put in there as well. These little fish are supposed to live along time. I guess we'll see about that!




2 comments:
Fish make great pets! Be careful with the Betta, though...they fight each other and will bite each other. The last friend that had more than one had to put a tank inside the tank to keep them separated!
Bubbs wants a fish too. We decided it will be his birthday present. It makes him extra excited for the move since I told him he can only have a fish in the new house. :)
Post a Comment