Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tennessee Valley

The day after finals were over we decided to go on a 3 mile hike. We hiked to Tennessee Valley beach. The great thing about this place is that it's about only a 5-10 minute drive from our apartment. I have been there plenty of times on runs and playgroup, but Ryan has never been there. After 2 years of living here and living so close he hasn't had time to explore some beautiful spots of Marin. It was a fun family outing. I'm glad he was able to go. It turned out to be warm, beautiful day.

When you finally reach the beach you used to walk around these tiny water streams to get the large portion of the beach, but since we have had tons of rain, the streams have turned into some little pools. There were kids playing in them and having so much fun. I wish I would have brought Kaitlyn's bathing suit or at least a change of clothes. I didn't mind her getting wet though - she was having a blast. I'm hoping we will go back sometime this summer.



No comments: