I have been juggling this thought around the past couple of weeks. Should I make our family blog private? It used to be, but it wasn't for very long. Some family members who don't use the computer often had a hard time looking at it and so I just made it easy and made it not private anymore. I am just debating if I should go back because of the protection of my family and I don't know who is looking at our blog. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
5 comments:
I always have this debate with myself. If you keep thinking about it, it might be the right thing for you to do...I don't have the guts to yet...but I know it will be coming time for me to pretty soon...
(this is Kayleen btw ;)
I just know that when people's profiles are private that I hardly look at them because I always forget since I check everyone's blogs through google reader and the private ones don't show on it. When it comes down to it, it's what makes you feel better for you and your family!!!
I feel the same way. I keep it public just because it is easier for family to look at, but it does bug me still, I go back and forth.
I agree with Lauren, that is my issue - I rarely look at private blogs, because all of mine are on google reader.
One option you would have is changing your blogs around - make this one private for your own documenting/journaling experiences that family can look at (if that's what you use it for), and then perhaps start a new one with all names being anonymous? I have a friend who does that, and she says it works well for her. Just a thought!
all it took for me was one weird comment from someone i didn't know and then i went private!
Post a Comment