Friday, March 12, 2010

BitterSweet

The other night while we were having dinner, Kaitlyn was having a tantrum. She was overly tired and hungry. She woke up at 6:30 that morning and basically played with friends at the park for 2 hours then her neighbor friends until about 6:45 that evening. She was just having a hard time settling down. She wanted to watch a movie at the dinner table while we ate. Ryan had just gotten home from school so we told her no movie and that we were going to spend time eating dinner as a family. She didn't like that and freaked out. As she was crying she yelled, "I can do whatever I want to do!" Ryan and I looked at each other and couldn't believe that she had said that. Wow. She has never said anything like that before. I heard girls get harder as they get older and I am starting to believe it!

Then... Kaitlyn starts crying again and out of no where she says, "I want to stay little forever. I want to wear diapers again. I don't want to be 4. My hands are getting bigger, I want them to stay small forever." She has said this a couple of times since December and i'm not sure if it's because she knows there is going to be another little baby in the house or what. I'm going to believe it's because she really does want to stay little forever. :)

Kaitlyn less then 3 months old. Happy as can be!

Kaitlyn about a year old

Oh, Kaitlyn. We wish we could freeze time. I get emotional even writing about it. Maybe it's my pregnancy hormones? But, as a baby you were such a happy and fun little girl. You have always, always been a daddy's girl and hope you always will be. You defiantly have your own personality and know what you want. You're very determined and don't like to give up. When daddy tickles you, you laugh uncontrollably and daddy asks you if you're going to give up and you reply, "Clarks never give up!" It's the cutest thing ever.
We love you, lovebug! You bring so much joy in our lives, even though we do have our rough days.

2 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Awww! That is bittersweet!! Jaxton's only 2 weeks old and I am already getting sad about him growing up! It would be nice if they could stay babies forever, huh??? But you will have so much fun with her as she gets older! How fun to have a girl!

Christine said...

This is a totally cute post. It is sad but exciting to see our little ones grow up, isn't it?