Tuesday, December 8, 2009

16 weeks

I had my 16 week appointment today. I have only gained 1/4 of a pound in 4 weeks. awesome. looks like ill be okay stocking up on some more peppermint Joe-Joe's. :)

On the downside, I have horrible rashes. They are all over me (neck, back, arms, and legs) and they itch like crazy. This morning I woke up with a little, tiny red rash on my chin. I told myself, "no biggie, Ill just put some make-up over it." My plan didn't go over as well. Before I could mention these rashes to the doctor, he noticed them right away on my neck. Then, a few minutes later the nurse came in and I showed her the rashes then she said, "yeah, it looks like you have some on your face too." ugh. thank you for noticing. I asked if it had to do with pregnancy and he said the rashes I have don't look like they do. Great. I have never had a skin problem before. I hope some benadryl cream will fix my problem. We will see.

5 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

YAY for gaining weight!! :)
I can't believe you are already 16 weeks!! It flies, huh?

Christine said...

Crazy that the rashes aren't pregnancy related. You poor thing. By 16 weeks I was totally doing the 1 lb+ gain every week thing. Holidays sabotage any healthy eating I try. :)

Sarah said...

Only 1/4 lb in 4 weeks. Wow. I don't seem to have your problem--I'm gigantic!!
I'm glad you get to enjoy yummy cookies though! I haven't ever had Candy Cane Joe-Joe's but I'm going to try to get my hands on some next time I'm near a Trader Joe's!

Keith, Nydia and Presly said...

Bummer Kristina, hope the rash goes away asap!

I use Gold Bond Extra Strength Body Lotion, for my belly itch. It works pretty good, it's in a green bottle.

As far as the rash, I would get real bad eczema on my hands and my doctor prescribed me Clobetasol Cream and it worked WONDERS! Still does! My doct. said it was okay to use during pregnancy, too.

The Brundage's said...

1/4 of a pound is great you seem like me I only gained 13 my whole pregnancy. I hope its a boy. lol! I know your mom would love a grand son.