Friday, September 18, 2009

First day of playschool

The day has finally come! Kaitlyn had her first day of playschool. I had to wake her up this morning and the first thing she asked was "where are we going?" I told her Playschool and she said, "I don't want to go, it's scary." I finally convinced her to get up and get dressed. She even posed for some pictures. I think I have a class clown in the making.
We pulled into the parking lot and K asked if we were there. I told her we were and we need to get out of the car because we were going to be late. She told me she wanted to be late and didn't want to get out. A couple minutes went by and she finally got out of the car. As we were walking towards the entrance, she stopped walking. She got scared. I comforted and encouraged her and she held my hand and we walked to the classroom. We walked into the classroom and she started to walk in a little slow, but one of the teachers came over (Miss. Michelle) and started to talk to K. K, of course, was shy but surprisingly answered the questions Miss. M was asking her. I think the thing that reeled K in and made her feel comfortable was Miss. M asking her if she liked playdough. K was able to play with playdough before class and I was able to walk right out without any problems-the one thing I was most worried about.

When I went to pick her up she stopped what she was doing and she ran over to me with the biggest smile on her face. She started to mumble something to me and I finally figured out that she was trying to tell me that she wanted to stay and play longer. She said bye to her teachers and as we were walking to the car she said, "I loved it! I want to go back!" I'm so happy she had a good time. I can't believe how fast she is growing up.

5 comments:

Christine said...

That is great news! I know you were worried about her adjusting to play school. I am so glad that she liked it. Hooray for playdough and Miss M. :)
P.S. Did you love your time alone?

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

That's awesome! Playdough does the trick everytime :)
I'm glad it went so smoothly!!!

Jenna said...

Hooray! Good job, Mommy!

Zach and Linds said...

Yay! That is such a big step! That is so exciting.

Sarah said...

I'm so glad she had a good time. It seems like every stage of childhood comes with worries and obstacles to overcome, but you two made it through this one without a scratch!