A Monster at 8:30am.
About 2 more hours until we are home. YAY!
But, we stopped here. This is Pyramid Lake. I don't know why I didn't take a picture of it, I should have! Some of the mountain is stacked up like a pyramid. It was really cool to see.
Kaitlyn got to see some cool wild life at the visitors center...
She also got to play in a big pile rocks! One of her new obsessions. Who is my daughter? she loves dirt, bugs, rocks...What happened to playing with dollies?
We got to see all of these things because of THIS! Car trouble! About 2:00pm we were driving up some hills and all of a sudden I looked out the rear view mirror and I saw smoke coming out the back of our car. Then, as I was trying to push on the gas and the car wouldn't go. Kinda scary. I was grateful that were able to pull right off the road and there happened to be a visitor center right there.
We got our car towed to the nearest place. We got it checked out and apparently the oil was leaking and was getting on something and it was messing up something with our engine?
And, I was sad because we were supposed to be going to the Dodger/Angel game that night. We weren't going to make it on time. :(
We were stuck in the city Valencia. It is about an hour and half or so from my parents house. We had two options. 1st: stay over night in a near by hotel and wait for our car to be done the next day. If we did this we would miss a family get together Saturday afternoon. Or 2nd option: we could rent a car, get home to my parents, and at least K and I would make it to the party Saturday. But, Ryan would have to drive back to Valencia to pick up our car. We decided to rent a car. 
We got to Pasadena and traffic was horrible - not surprised! We had been traveling now for about 9 hours now. Normally, it is supposed to take us about 6 1/2 - 7 hours to get home. By this time, I think we were all going insane sitting in the car and traveling. Here are some pictures to prove it. I think K was ready to poke her eyes out!

We finally made it to my parents house around 8:30ish. It was a long day, but Kaitlyn was a good sport and did very well. We were very proud of her!
We got to Pasadena and traffic was horrible - not surprised! We had been traveling now for about 9 hours now. Normally, it is supposed to take us about 6 1/2 - 7 hours to get home. By this time, I think we were all going insane sitting in the car and traveling. Here are some pictures to prove it. I think K was ready to poke her eyes out!
2 comments:
I know that feeling! Being in the car a long time is a killer!! And sad day about your car. Not fun to deal with when you're trying to enjoy your vacation!
What a nightmare. :(
Hopefully the trip back was better.
Post a Comment