On Saturday, Kaitlyn and I were tired so we took a nap. Then, after we woke up we spent the rest of our evening at Costco then driving around Sausalito.
On Monday we went to the Zoo. Then, drove into beautiful Sausalito to have some fish and chips. Also, I believe we made another trip back to costco and target.
Tuesday we were planning on taking the Tiburon ferry over to SF then go to Alcatraz BUT, we got into Tiburon and we realized the times on the Internet are wrong, so the ferry already left. So, we drove over to the wharf. We got in a crowded line to buy tickets and realized they were sold out until Thursday! AH! So, we decided to share a crepe! It was oh.so. good! Then, we just walked around and had our lunch that we brought with us. On our way home we stopped at the Palace of Fine Arts and walked around. Kaitlyn and I fed some birds and ducks. We also saw some fish and turtles swimming in the water. It was such a beautiful day! Perfect San Francisco weather!

Kaitlyn rolling down the hill at the Palace of fine arts. Thursday we just relaxed! It was a great day! besides going to the DMV.. 3 TIMES! (Yes, 3 times!) We just played outside, did laundry, and cleaned a little....
DMV story - My UT license's expires in June. So, I thought it would be a good idea to go and take my written test because Ryan would be home to watch Kaitlyn. So, Thursday morning I review some material and look online to see what documents that I need to bring with me. So, I get to the DMV at the perfect time- no one was there. It wasn't crowded at all. I get my number, and while I wait I fill out the paper work. My number is called and I told the man why I was there. He asked if I had my birth certificate and I said yes, so I showed him. Then, he wanted my marriage license, which I didn't bring with me. ARGH! So, he told me I can go home and get it then just let him know I was back so I didn't have to wait in line. So, I said sure - I only live a few minutes a way - no big deal. So I go home and grab the marriage license paper. I return to the DMV and show the man the marriage license. He looks at it and then tells me it isn't certified! WHAT!? it was the same piece of paper that Ryan used in Utah to get my named changed and to get my Utah license! I was so confused. Then, I come home and tell Ryan the situation. He was confused and furious so we said he wanted to go talk to this guy.. So... back to the DMV we go! The same thing the man told me, he told Ryan. So, apparently Ryan and I don't have a certified marriage license. After the DMV we took Kaitlyn to a near by park and we played.
Friday we took advantage of using our Six Flag's-Discovery Kingdom passes. It was really warm but manageable. Kaitlyn had a blast! I can't wait to take her back. We got there about 11:00 and left about 4:15ish. (We even saw another dental school family while we were there - that happened to us back in December as well -too funny!) When we got home I made some yummy enchiladas and then we watched a movie. It was another perfect day!
Let's do it again!
Direct quote as I was taking the picture, "I'm all wet!"
*Note: Kaitlyn enjoys making silly faces as you can tell from the pictures. I believe almost every ride she went on she had to make at least one silly face.
Saturday another relaxing day! We gave our little car a bath. I went for a beauitful run at Blackies. (I love it over there!) Kaitlyn played at a friends, did another load of laundry and basically just enjoyed being at home together. When I got home from my run Kaitlyn was fussy -we we would ask her something or even talk to her she would get upset and basically kept crying and wanted to be outside. We believe it was a mix of two things. 1. she was hungry, maybe, low blood sugar? 2. She was tired. So, I suggusted to her that we could go outside and have a picnic. She liked that idea. Problem solved. She got to be outside and she was able to eat! We then got a little blanket and put it right outside of our apartment under a tree.
Sunday even though Sunday is tomorrow we are planning on a true "day of rest!"It was been a great week! Couldn't asked for a better one. Now, it's time for Ryan to go back to school. Only 10 more weeks until his summer break, which we will be spending in Boise and I will be taking classes on campus.
2 comments:
Sometimes it is nice to have those "stay-cations" during a break. That DMV story is crazy. I'd be so annoyed!
We need to go back to Discovery Kingdom - the kids loved it (and we did too). See you tomorrow!
How fun! You guys are busy, busy. Glad that dental school is going by fast for you guys. Before you know it he'll be done!!
Post a Comment