First attempt to saying bye to dottie dot.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Dottie Dot
A couple of weeks ago I found a lady bug in our apartment. I showed K and she fell in love. We have little planter outside our porch, so I brought that inside and K put the lady bug on a leaf. She wouldn't leave the little lady bugs side and even gave the little bug a name - dottie dot. At times Kaitlyn would want dottie dot to crawl on her hands, but K wouldn't be able to find her in the planter so I found K singing the song, "You'll be in my heart" from Tarzan. She hasn't even watched that movie for months, so it surprised me when she started to sing the song. It was the cutest thing. I am so glad I was able to get some of it on video and was able to post it! 



I tried and tried to convince K that Dottie Dot had to go back to her mommy, but K didn't take that. She cried and cried. So.... the next evening Ryan let Dottie go she can go to her mommy. A week or 2 later we were visiting my family in So. Cal and there is a bush next door full of lady bugs and butterflies. My mom had bought a little bug kit for the kids when they come to the house. So when grandpa took K to the famous bug bush the first thing K said when she saw a lady bug was, "Dottie Dot!" I told her that Dottie must have missed her so much that she followed K ALL the way here. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ok, this is SO adorable! What a sweetheart!
This is just too cute! I love little kids and the things they come up with. How lucky you were to get it on film!
Post a Comment