Monday, September 1, 2008

Blackies Pasture & Swimming

Two minutes from our apartment there is an amazing walking path called Blackies Pasture. On a clear day you can see the city and some of the Golden Gate Bridge.
Some of the path goes a long the water. It is beautiful and such a peaceful area. Theres also a grass field, which is used for lots of things: soccer games, flying kites, letting your dog run around, relaxing on the grass, having a picnic, etc... There is also a little park for the kids, which I wish had more equipment for them to on, but thats okay, K still has a lot of fun. This last Friday K and I went on a walk there. It was really neat because as we were walking a long the path where a bunch of rocks lead into the water and right by the rocks popped up a sea lion. His little head popped up a couple of times. Kaitlyn really enjoyed that!

Here is K with the fake horse by the parking lot (this picture wasn't taken on friday)

Here was the few of the city when I was in the parking lot
some green hills right next to the park

When we go to Blackies Pasture, K loves to pick up sticks. She fell in love with this one, probably because it was just her size. She walks around saying, it is her cane just like great-grandma. It's really funny that she says that because my grandma passed away about 9 months ago and she did walk with a cane. I believe the last time Kaitlyn saw her was Christmas. I'm really amazed with the memory K has.

Saturday was a relaxing day. While R was studying and K was sleeping, I went out and laid by the pool ...I was able to read a little bit more of breaking dawn. It was nice to have "me time" for a while. After K woke up K and I went swimming. These are the only picture I have. R didn't tell me he was taking pictures... I thought he was recording us...

After swimming we had Matt, Annie & there little baby over to watch some college football! We are so excited for the the football season!!



3 comments:

Christine said...

You are one confident woman. Nobody is photographing me in a bathing suit. :)
Anyway, gotta love Blackie's!!

amelia said...

What a fun weekend! Ha, glad you clarified that horse was fake...when I first saw the picture, I thought little Kaitlyn was quite brave, practically underneath the horse!

Patience said...

That horse's name is Blackie. He is the one that the pasture is named after. There is a children's book that tells the story at the library. It's pretty interesting. The famous sway backed horse. I bet Kaitlyn would like it. It's kindof long though.