Saturday, July 19, 2008

A little update!

Ryan and I have finally made it up here to San Francisco. Even though it has been a rough start for me, we are getting by one day at a time....


Ryan should be the one writing this part, but since he isn't really into blogging I guess I have to put words in his mouth. Ryan finished his first week of dental school and I think he is loving every minute of it- well, I shouldn't say every minute of it... He is liking his classes and enjoying meeting new people. He leaves around 7:30am and comes home about 6:0oish.... He is in class from 8-5 with an hour break... so the time he gets home he is exhausted...for sure he isn't liking the fact when he comes home he has to study and can't give Kaitlyn the attention that she wants. She is such a daddy's girl, so it's kind of hard on her. I hope she will adjust well.

Me on the other hand, have been trying to get healthy again and trying to regain my energy so I can finish organizing our apartment and so I can play with Kaitlyn as much as possible. It's been great meeting new people- especially all the other dental school wives. They have been so sweet to us and we are looking forward to getting to know them better...
So far we have gone to the Discovery Museum (2 times) We live literally about 10 minutes from it. This place is so neat-Kaitlyn LOVES it! They have so many different things to do. I am so bummed because I haven't had a camera so I haven't been able to take pictures of all the fun things Kaitlyn and I have been doing.

This weekend we had a ward campout but we didn't spend the night. The campout is about 20 minutes from where we live. Look how beautiful it is!!
We had dinner and we were planning on going back for the breakfast, but Ryan had some school studying to do in the morning and Kaitlyn actually slept in again after 9! When we arrived Friday evening we thought we were supposed to park at the top of the hill and walk down, but apparently not... Matt, Annie, Ryan and I decided to put our little ones in the strollers and hike down to the camping spot thinking it wasn't very far, but half way down our walk we see all these cars with people in our ward driving by us... We didn't realize it was about a 2 mile walk! It was a really pretty "hike." and it got us all thinking that we should plan a camping trip to the redwoods-wouldn't that be so fun!? Annie did take a picture of us on our little walk so once I get that I will post it...
Today, Ryan and I took Kaitlyn to this great park that Patience has been telling us about. It was nice because it was gated and they tons of different things for the kids to play with. It was nice to just sit there on the bench and watch Kaitlyn play without worrying about her running into the street or off somewhere else. They have tons of fun parks around here and just fun things to do with your kids- I am looking forward to exploring San Francisco the next 3 years! It should be fun.

I really wish I had pictures.. Ryan tells me I can take pictures with our video camera so I have to look into that and figure out how to work that for now...

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I am excited to hear about your adventures! It sounds like a fun place.

amelia said...

Good luck adjusting to the new schedule! And hope you are feeling better.

Jamie said...

We're glad you moved to the Bay Area. Just wished you would have moved into Baker Beach!

Andrea said...

It's tough when Daddy is gone all day and has to study at night. We've been doing that for the last few months now. The Discovery Center sounds fun.